Flood Zones

Flood ZoneIf you live in a low-lying area, there may be a high risk of flooding. Visit the Bay Area Flood Maps information page to find out if your property is in a flood zone. 

If your insurer requires a flood certification form, call the City of Vallejo’s Public Works Department at 707.648.4315. By law, flood insurance maps are held by the City of Vallejo, not Vallejo Flood & Wastewater District. Visit the City's Flood Insurance Rate Maps page for more information.

To help determine your flood risk, consider the elevation of your home compared to the street level. If your home was built after the establishment of the Federal Flood Insurance Program thirty years ago, its floor elevation is most likely above the flood stage water level. If your home is older, this may not be the case. Also, if you have converted a basement or garage into a living space, it may be subject to flooding.