Sewer Pipes

If you think you are having a problem with your sewer pipes, call us first. If you have a question about our service, call us. We'd love to help you find a solution.

Manholes / Cleanouts

If you have a manhole or a cleanout, chances are good that we’ll need to get to it at some point to perform maintenance. Keep manholes and cleanouts (small cement boxes or cylinders) clear of debris and landscaping for ease of access. If you have a utility structure in your yard and don’t know what it is, call our Field Operations Department at 707-644-8949, ext. 1702. View photo examples that show a cleanout that is covered by landscaping (PNG) and a cleanout that is properly exposed (PNG).


An easement is a legal statute granting utility workers access to your yard for needed improvements or maintenance. It means that you own your property, but there are restrictions that may prevent placing a structure in a certain area of your yard. If you are wondering if there is an easement on your property, check your property title. District engineers can help you determine which part of your property is affected. You can reach them by calling 707-644-8949, ext. 1100.

District Maintenance

If we need to do preventive maintenance on the manhole or cleanout in your yard, we will leave a hanger on your front door asking you to call us so we can make an appointment to access your property at a time that is convenient to you. If you have a pet, you will be asked to secure it prior to the appointment.

In an emergency, we may need to access your yard without an appointment, but we will make every effort to contact you to let you know what is happening. If we can’t reach you, and access your yard to perform emergency work on the structure in your yard, we will leave a door hanger describing what was done and giving you a contact number in case you have further questions.

More Information

The following articles provide additional information on how we do our jobs, and how our work may affect you.